Just a century ago, diabetes type 1 was a death sentence. Insulin was not invented yet and when you’re dependent on it there was no way to keep you alive.
Since my hospital stay with DKA, I am using insulin and have done a good deal of research about the history of diabetes and am happy to share it.
Advancements are happening on a daily in diabetes care. The feared out-comes and anticipated complications of yesteryears no longer need to occur. There has never been a better or easier time to take control of this disease. Learn what diabetes medications and tools are available to us in 2020. Learn about the latest in CGMs, hybrid closed loop pump systems, new insulins, and additional medications beyond insulin. It’s a new day for us type 1s!
There Has Never Been A Better Time to Have Type 1 Diabetes
~Jeremy Pettus, MD
The History of Diabetes
- Wikipedia – The history of diabetes
- Diabetes Health – The history of diabetes
- Medical News Today – Diabetes: Past treatments, new discoveries
- Everyday Health – The history of diabetes
- News Medical.net – The history of diabetes
- Diabetes.co.uk – The history of diabetes
- Insulin Nation – Diabetes Care: 1950-1990
Let me know if you find
this information helpful?
Leave a comment below and don’t forget
to share this post on social media.
If you want to talk to someone
don’t hesitate to contact me.
I love to help, motivate and inspire you
to develop successful health strategies.